Greek Lamb Over Noodles
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
October 12, 2019
I had cooked 2 large lamb shoulder chops the night before. I had leftover lamb. I cut up the meat, and got all the things I wanted to cook with it. This is what came out. This dish is so flavorful!
- 1-1 1/2 cup cut-up lamb pieces, cooked (I used leftover lamb shoulder chops)
- 2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can small pitted black olives, halved
- Seasonings; minced garlic or fresh, minced onion (I tried making it a quick and simple dinner), black pepper, old bay seasoning, 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pkg egg noodles or a real Greek dish would serve rice
- Using a wide deep skillet with a cover. Put a little olive oil and 1 Tbls of butter in the pan. Wait until it is hot.
- Drop in lamb, braise it a bit, add tomatoes and a can of water, stirring!
- Add spices, let this simmer and do a taste test for seasoning! Adjust as needed.
- Cook the noodles and set aside and keep warm, add a few drops of olive oil
- Add the baby spinach on top with the feta cheese! Keep heat on simmer for 10 minutes.
- Its ready to serve. I used a deep dish bowl, put the noodles in the bowl, then a large spoonful of the lamb, spinach, tomatoes and feta over them.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.