Lamb Recipes

Category Lamb
Lamb is a versatile meat with a rich history that can be used in dishes ranging from the simple to the complex. A properly cooked piece of lamb is an unforgettable tasty treat. This page contains recipes using lamb.

I never liked lamb much until I learned how to choose the right cuts and prepare it myself. You always want to choose cuts that are pink and rosy in colour; never dark red. This is a complex-tasting, easy to prepare Greek version of lamb chops that my family adores. Skipping the restaurant versions is fine by me, and my wallet!

Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus time to marinate

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 3-4 servings

• 1 lb lamb chops
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 Tbsp mustard
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp oregano
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp rosemary
  • 1/4 cup red wine
  • zest of 1/2 a lemon
  • juice of half lemon
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • zest of 1/2 a lemon
  • juice of half lemon
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced

1. Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper, then place in a sturdy bag with mustard, 1 tablespoon of oil, oregano, cinnamon, rosemary, red wine, zest of 1/2 a lemon, juice of half a lemon, and 3 cloves minced garlic.
  2. Seal the bag then squeeze the contents around thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Can be made the day prior.
  3. Preheat oven to 375F. Peel and cube the potatoes and onion. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to a baking dish and toss potatoes and onion to coat. Add some salt, pepper, remaining minced garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss well.
  4. Lay the lamb chops over the potatoes and onions and bake for 25 minutes.
  5. Take the chops off the potatoes and onions and give them a good stir. Flip the chops over and place back on. Bake for another 25 minutes.

This recipe is easy to make and has lots of flavor. I have made this dish for a number of parties and it is always a crowd pleaser.

Directions:

Brown Lamb and add to crock pot with all remaining ingredients. Cook 6 to 7 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high until meat is tender. I like to serve this dish over basmati rice.

Note: This recipe can be prepared the night before. Just take the crock pot out of the fridge in the morning and turn the crock pot on!

Servings: 6 to 8
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
6 to 7 Hours Cooking Time

By Pamela from South Hadley, MA

This page contains lamb curry recipes. Lamb curry is a wholesome, delicious dish from the Delhi region of India that is simple to create.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains recipes for leg of lamb. Leg of lamb can can be easy to make and is a delicious entree, any time of the year.

This page contains lamb pie recipes. Lamb pies are a are a savory treat that make for a delicious meal or a hearty snack.

This page contains lamb burger recipes. Occasionally you can find ground lamb at the market. Making burgers is one possible way to prepare it.

This page contains lamb stew recipes. Lamb stews are a springtime tradition in many households.

This page contains recipes for lamb chops. If you have shied away from trying lamb, you are missing a delicious alternative to beef and other red meats.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I thought I had saved the tips on cooking lamb, but I can't find it.

By Karen