Greek Lamb Patties Over Rice
This is an old recipe of my Mom's. I grew up loving lamb patties. It was a very inexpensive meal back in the day! Now it is a delicacy! But well worth each bite!
- 1 lb fresh ground lamb (this makes 8 oval 1/2 inch patties)
- 1 ex-large egg
- 3 Tbsp Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup flavored bread crumbs
- 1 can mushroom gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 single serving size Minute Rice (Jasmine with Cilantro and Lime) It makes enough for two or two meals. Microwaveable
- Using a mixing bowl, put the lamb, egg, seasonings, feta cheese, bread crumbs (the first 10 items listed)
- Mix well. Form a ball and pat it into an oval.
- Heat a deep covered skillet, put each pattie in the pan. Add the can of gravy and the cup of water. Heat up then turn heat down to medium, turning and flatten each one. Lower heat and cover. For 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, read the instructions on the rice, and put it in the microwave. This rice is great! It only takes 90 seconds.
- When the rice is done, the lamb and gravy is also done! This is a very easy quick meal and delicious!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.