Lamb Loin Chops with Garlic Brandy Butter
This elegant lamb loin chop dish is quite easy to prepare. The garlic brandy butter with a bit of oregano adds just the right flavor.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an excellent and fancy lamb chop dish that does not take much effort. It's really a beginner's recipe but tastes like an elegant night out. I hope you give it a try!
When choosing lamb, I personally like to look for the pale pink cuts as they are young and have a much more mild, fresh flavour. The darker pink and reddish brown cuts will give off a more gamey flavour and smell when cooked.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 lamb loin chops at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Season chops with salt and pepper all over, then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat. Allow to cook for 4 to 5 minutes without touching.
- When first side is nicely caramelized, flip the chops over and cook another 5 minutes, undisturbed.
- Drop in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pour in the brandy. Swirl the pan around and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer.
- Sprinkle oregano onto tops of chops.
- Add the minced garlic into the butter sauce and give it a stir for a minute. Turn off heat.*
- Plate the chops with your favourite sides. Drizzle the brandy butter on top.
*If you'd like yours well done, add a couple more minutes of cooking time.