Lamb Loin Chops with Garlic Brandy Butter
This is an excellent and fancy lamb chop dish that does not take much effort. It's really a beginner's recipe but tastes like an elegant night out. I hope you give it a try!
When choosing lamb, I personally like to look for the pale pink cuts as they are young and have a much more mild, fresh flavour. The darker pink and reddish brown cuts will give off a more gamey flavour and smell when cooked.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 lamb loin chops at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Season chops with salt and pepper all over, then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat. Allow to cook for 4 to 5 minutes without touching.
- When first side is nicely caramelized, flip the chops over and cook another 5 minutes, undisturbed.
- Drop in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pour in the brandy. Swirl the pan around and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer.
- Sprinkle oregano onto tops of chops.
- Add the minced garlic into the butter sauce and give it a stir for a minute. Turn off heat.*
- Plate the chops with your favourite sides. Drizzle the brandy butter on top.
*If you'd like yours well done, add a couple more minutes of cooking time.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.