Greek Style Lamb and Potatoes

I never liked lamb much until I learned how to choose the right cuts and prepare it myself. You always want to choose cuts that are pink and rosy in colour; never dark red. This is a complex-tasting, easy to prepare Greek version of lamb chops that my family adores. Skipping the restaurant versions is fine by me, and my wallet!

Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus time to marinate

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 3-4 servings

1. Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper, then place in a sturdy bag with mustard, 1 tablespoon of oil, oregano, cinnamon, rosemary, red wine, zest of 1/2 a lemon, juice of half a lemon, and 3 cloves minced garlic.
  2. Seal the bag then squeeze the contents around thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Can be made the day prior.
  3. Preheat oven to 375F. Peel and cube the potatoes and onion. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to a baking dish and toss potatoes and onion to coat. Add some salt, pepper, remaining minced garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss well.
  4. Lay the lamb chops over the potatoes and onions and bake for 25 minutes.
  5. Take the chops off the potatoes and onions and give them a good stir. Flip the chops over and place back on. Bake for another 25 minutes.