Green Malabar Spinach & Shrimp Soup
We just started growing green malabar spinach in our backyard and wow, it has grown very quickly within the last two months. Here's an easy and classic method of making this soup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 2 lb green malabar spinach
- 8 large shrimp
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Dash of black pepper
- 4 Tbsp garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 gal water
- Wash green malabar spinach and chop into smaller pieces (if you would like.)
- Wash and peel shrimp skin. Mince shrimp to a paste.
- Add a dash of black pepper and dash of fish sauce over shrimp paste.
- Mince garlic cloves. Over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté garlic.
- Now add and cook your minced shrimp for a few minutes.
- On high heat, boil half gallon of water.
- Once water is boiled, add shrimp mixture, 2 tablespoon fish sauce and 1/2 tablespoon sugar and lower heat to medium.
- Add green malabar spinach into pot. Using your chopsticks, submerge spinach down and turn off heat. Cover lid for a few minutes and soup is ready to eat!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!