GrowingGardening

Green Worms in My Zucchini

This is my first year growing zucchini. I noticed a few days ago that there was this semi clear goo on one of the big zucchini. I thought nothing of it. I went to cut off a sort of dead malformed one today and noticed a small green worm that was about an inch long. I checked the other zucchini and noticed small little holes on the outside.

I brought it inside and stuck it inside a Ziploc bag to show my brother. About 30 minutes later about 15 small "worms" came out looking for air (I assume). I was severely grossed out. I have the plant inside of a cage and I have noticed that the stems leading out to the leaves have a tendency to bend and droop to the ground.

What should I do and what insect is this? Something has also been taking small bites out of my tomato and strawberry plant. I am dumbfounded with this problem. When I look really close they look more like a caterpillar and have multiple legs. The picture is very close up and the color is supposed to be a light green almost Lima bean color. Sorry that the picture is not that great, but it's all I have currently. Please help.

By Krystal L

Yes it's a caterpillar, Worms are brown and live in the soil. It is from a white butterfly known as a moth that always frequents veggie gardens, Many gardeners believe leaving broken egg shells around veggie gardens, cause the white moths to think a moth is there already laying eggs, and they go elsewhere. Good luck.