Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
This is a very quick meal to make, perfect if you work during the day. I omitted the cheese and added asparagus, so I made this a one-pan meal. Feel free to add other vegetables and spices to your liking. I partially cooked the sweet potatoes and the asparagus in the microwave to make it even faster.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup yellow pepper
- ½ cups sweet potato
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley (I did not use this)
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Dice all the vegetables.
- Add the ground turkey and garlic. Use a spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and yellow peppers, and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add the sweet potato, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Asparagus was added to this. Cover the skillet. Cook until the sweet potatoes are tend, stirring occasionally.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, add the shredded mozzarella cheese, and put the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with parsley.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!