Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet

This is a very quick meal to make, perfect if you work during the day. I omitted the cheese and added asparagus, so I made this a one-pan meal. Feel free to add other vegetables and spices to your liking. I partially cooked the sweet potatoes and the asparagus in the microwave to make it even faster.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 17 minutes

Total Time: 37 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 tsp garlic clove, minced
  • ½ cup onions
  • ½ cup yellow pepper
  • ½ cups sweet potato
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • A pinch of red chili flakes
  • ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • fresh parsley (I did not use this)

1. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Dice all the vegetables.
  2. Add the ground turkey and garlic. Use a spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the onions and yellow peppers, and cook until the onions are soft.
  4. Advertisement

5. Add the sweet potato, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Asparagus was added to this. Cover the skillet. Cook until the sweet potatoes are tend, stirring occasionally.
  6. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
  7. When the sweet potatoes are tender, add the shredded mozzarella cheese, and put the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese.
  8. When the cheese melts, remove from the oven, and garnish with parsley.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesAugust 12, 2020
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ground-Turkey-and-Sweet-Potato-Skillet-1.html