Growing Up with a Work Ethic

My parents taught me to work and find enjoyment in doing so. As a teen, we had a Christmas tree farm and as the holidays approached we got the trees cut and placed near the house. This was such a wonderful addition to the Christmas season for me as I often waited on the customers and learned a lot about being a "people person." What a surprise to receive a $7.00 tip once. The trees all had the set price of $3.00 plus the sales tax.

It was my responsibility to fill out the state sales tax form and submit it with the collected tax. My dad taught me to give someone a deal on a tree if they looked like it was too expensive for them. I have such wonderful memories and the Christmas season of those times!