Growing Up with a Work Ethic

Category Employment
This is a page about growing up with a work ethic. Teaching children to work and how to deal with people when they are young, can give them skills that they can take into adulthood.

My parents taught me to work and find enjoyment in doing so. As a teen, we had a Christmas tree farm and as the holidays approached we got the trees cut and placed near the house. This was such a wonderful addition to the Christmas season for me as I often waited on the customers and learned a lot about being a "people person." What a surprise to receive a $7.00 tip once. The trees all had the set price of $3.00 plus the sales tax.

It was my responsibility to fill out the state sales tax form and submit it with the collected tax. My dad taught me to give someone a deal on a tree if they looked like it was too expensive for them. I have such wonderful memories and the Christmas season of those times!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Parenting Teen EmploymentMarch 5, 2018
🌻
🐛
📓