GiftsCrafts

Hair Tie Lollipop Gift

Vote for this contest contender!

If you're someone who uses hair ties, you know they always seem to disappear. (Just like those pesky socks!) My girlfriends and I always stuff a new pack of ties in each others gift bags as they are always welcome. I thought it would be cute if this time around, I shaped the hair ties into cute lollipops to give them. So sweet, I know. ;)

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 lollipop

1. Use something circular as a guide for your cardboard cutout. You'll want something that you can perfectly stretch your hair ties onto. I used the roll of ribbon and traced it onto the cardboard.
  2. Cut out the cardboard circle.
  3. Begin wrapping the hair ties onto the cardboard.
  4. Make a cross, then do the same diagonally, and so on.
  5. If you have metal clasps on your hair ties, make sure they are all on the backside of the lollipop.
  6. Keep crisscrossing the hair ties until all the cardboard is covered up.
  7. Push the stick into the backside of the hair ties. No need for glue!
  8. Tie some ribbon onto the stick right under the hair ties. Cut a chevron into the ribbon, if desired.

I forgot to mention, this gift comes out to about 80 cents a "pop" :) I will be making tons for stocking stuffers.