Hanging Hats on the Wall

Category Clothing
Displaying hats on the wall is a great way to use them as decoration and keep them in good shape. Here are some great suggestions for hanging hats, using both homemade and store bought options.

This is an inexpensive way to display or store hats. The cost: hanger $1.29, cap 30¢, bolt/nut 30¢, jug of white vinegar $1.99, but you use the vinegar so the jug is free.

Total Time: half hour

Yield: one

• 1 one gallon jug - I used a white vinegar jug ($1.99)
  • 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 inch round head Phillips machine bolt and nut to fit ($0.30)
  • 1 3/4 inch cap - sold for plastic pipe ($0.30)
  • 1 Hanger Jumbo Storage" It might be called something else, like a ladder or bike hanger. I got mine at the Tractor Supply Store for $1.29.
  • 1 1/4 inch bit for your drill

You can order the hangers online from the Tractor Supply Store at: http://www.tractorsupply.com SKU #3524150

1. Cut the bottom off the plastic jug about an inch from the bottom and drill a hole in the center of this piece.
  2. Drill a hole in the center of the plastic cap.
  3. Use the bolt to fasten the jug bottom and the cap together.

4. Remove the red plastic cap from the hanger.

5. Slip the cap/bolt/jugbottom assembly over the place where the red cap was. The long bolt helps steady the whole thing on the end of the metal piece.
  6. Attach this assembly to your wall.
  7. Ad

I put mine over my windows where the hats won't be in the way. You could paint the hanger or cover it in macrame or polymer clay or even knit a cover for it!

I have a bunch of hats that I don't want to get rid of and I don't want them to get ruined. But, I am finding it difficult to find a place for them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could hang them on the wall?

By StellaBell from Manchester, WA

Answers

Best Answer

Well my father has a bunch of ball caps he hangs on a, basically a tie rack I think. It is shaped like
///////
///////
///////
with a peg at each intersecting
/
/
It is a collapsible contraption. I am pretty sure it was originally for ties. But if the rack is for the kind of hats in the picture above I wouldn't think it would work too well. But maybe something similar.

How about a coat type rack with pegs that stick out from the top all the way down to about 2 feet off the floor? You should be able to vary the pegs the length of the pole and have enough distance between each peg they would not get in each others way. Definitely something you could make or have made for you.

Best Answer

Depending on what your walls are made of, you could use long nails or screws (about 3 or 4 inches long). A few years ago we lived in an older home that had lathe board behind plaster. I had a few hats, similar to the ones in the photo that I wanted to hang on the wall in my children's playroom. I used long screws and gently screwed them in just enough to hold in the wall and hold the weight of the hat.

I had a sombrero, a cowboy hat, and one that looked like the one in the Crocodile Dundee movies. I hung them around some large maps of the world that I had. I wish I had a picture to share but the kids' playroom where we live now doesn't have the wall space for that. Hope that helps.

Best Answer

(1) A piece of lattice secured to the wall with nails or wooden dowels in the joints for each hat, (2) secure a strip of screen molding vertically a foot or so apart and put nails in to hang each hat on. Looks like you have some cowboy hats hanging them is going to ruin their shape if that matters to you, perhaps a shelf up high in a room would work for them.

Best Answer

Command Adhesive has many different hooks with adhesive that does not damage paint, etc. on walls. I have several hooks up high on the wall above my closet and I have hung straw hats by putting some string (fish line would work) through the brim and making a loop to hook on the hook on the wall.

Organizing ClothingSeptember 10, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓