Hanging Necklaces Using Re-purposed Items

Category Crafts
A careful search of your home or apartment might uncover a number of items that can be repurposed to hang jewelry crafts that are in process or complete and ready for sale. The tip on this page outlines one crafter's solution.

I have to hope things will be normal someday. So to that extent, I am making a place for my jewelry making and reselling.

I found some pretty cool hangers to minimize the holes in the walls. I hope this inspires people to "use unusual" things you already have.

Total Time: 2 Hours

Yield: 6 hangers

• 2 trays
  • 3 hangers
  • 1 basket
  • 30 large and small paperclips
  • 8 nails
  • hammer
  • 4 push pins

1. The first thing I did was to gather the little and big things to make the project work. Keeping in mind what I needed, I had some things that were made just for hanging things, but also modified things that weren't.
  2. Advertisement

3. The black tray was going to go flush against the wall, as it had that little "edge" and would provide that much more space for hangers. I had to modify the blue one by bending back the handles to lay flush.
  4. When hanging the larger items, I did use a nail. But one is better than the 12 or so push pins I would have had to use for each necklace. Then, the smaller ones I knew would hold lighter things, I used push pins. Now it was time to start hanging the paperclips.
  5. Once the paperclips were turned into hangers, it was time to pick and choose which necklaces went on which hanger. The heavier ones of course, went to the hangers that were nailed up, then lighter ones to the push pin ones. The last step was to put my pliers up in the blue basket.
  6. Advertisement

7. I kind of ran out of hook room, so I made some more and finished up on the side of my wicker book case that is sitting on top of a night stand. That way they are pretty much eye level when I am in my office chair, and I can reach all of them without hurting my shoulder. This shot was taken tonight so I apologize for the low lighting. So there it is. If you have anything you can secure to the wall that allows you to hang things without damaging said wall too much, is always best.

Organizing CraftsMay 20, 2020
😷
👔
😎
🎆
🌻
🐛

Generated 2020-05-29 10:18:47 in 789 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️