Hanging a Security Camera Without Damage

A security camera attached to a shower curtain rod.
This is a tip I came up with when my kids gave me a security camera to put outside. I live in a townhome governed by HOA rules. One of the rules is "no piercing of any exterior siding". While the camera worked OK in a window, the glass prevented my getting any notifications that there was someone outside.

A security camera attached to a shower curtain rod.This is a tip I came up with when my kids gave me a security camera to put outside. I live in a townhome governed by HOA rules. One of the rules is "no piercing of any exterior siding". While the camera worked OK in a window, the glass prevented my getting any notifications that there was someone outside.

In order to get this camera outside and out of reach of the bad guys, I got creative. I went and bought a shower curtain rod that of course is a tension rod. I am lucky that the depth of my small farmer porch was just right. Then I drilled 2 tiny pilot holes in the rod and attached the mounting bracket.

Up it went, almost touching the ceiling, about 10 feet. It can be easily removed if I ever move, or when the pressure wash happens every year. The camera itself is wireless and rechargeable and is held by a powerful magnet. All I have to do is go up the ladder every so often and grab it to recharge.

Source: My own idea

Better Living Safety HomeAugust 12, 2020
👔
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hanging-a-Security-Camera-Without-Damage-1.html