Hardwired Fire Alarm Beeping

I have a hard wired Honeywell fire alarm. It is beeping intermittently. How do I fix it? It does not have a battery back up. It was installed in 1979.

If it was installed in 1979, it is time to replace it. The sensors are only good for 5-10 years. I am a part time firefighter/emt and have had many training classes in this area. Your wiring would still be good, but you need to contact Honeywell to buy a new unit(s). I believe they also sell them at Lowe's and Home depot

We had that happen to us, and we had to get a new one. There is a lifespan for everything, including smoke detectors.