Harness Irritated Dog's Skin

I brought a training halter for my Labrador, to stop her pulling on the lead, it worked very well. After three days she has rubbed under her front legs and has licked it so much that it is red raw and weeping. Is there something I can put on it to make it heal?

By Rhonda

The dog harness training was for too long; like breaking in a new pair of shoes; blisters forming on heels and hurts. When dog's legs clear up; break him into the harness slowly and a little at a time.

This is what I would do: Clean up the area with peroxide or betadine; not both and then use a triple antibiotic ointment and checking/cleaning the wounds at morning, noon and evening to be sure it isn't worsening. Use a cone collar on the dog to keep it's mouth away from the areas and remove only while you are closely watching your pet. If redness disappears, leave the area open; no bandages, so it helps heal quicker; otherwise, take your pet to the vet in a day or two.