Harry Potter Paper Pieced Quilt

Back in 2011 I began a longer than intended project of making my grandson a Harry Potter paper pieced quilt. It was finally finished last year, and to his credit he still loved it despite the wait. I have posted a few blocks along the way. They can be seen here: 5 Inch Harry Potter Paper Pieced Quilt Block, here: More Harry Potter Paper Pieced Squares, and here: More Harry Potter Paper Pieced Quilt Blocks.

After the piecing was completed I chose to have a longarm quilter finish that part of the project to ensure that he got it before he graduated from college :) This is the final result. It was a long time coming but well worth the investment in time and crafting.

The large spider webs are the corner blocks, the decorative border is a combination of diamond in a rectangle blocks (diamond four patch), based on a block found on-line here: Quilt Blocks Galore and horizontal stripe blocks. The internal blocks are from Fandom in Stitches, a great site to visit if you love paper piecing or want to start. I want to thank all of the talented quilt designers for the wonderful blocks that I used in this project.

That is simply amazing! Great job!

Anonymous

I love it!!!!