Heart Shaped Paper Groundhog
Vote for this contest contender!
The tradition of watching to see if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow is definitely fun! An easy craft for children do during Groundhog Day is this heart shaped paper groundhog. You only need a few supplies to make these adorable critters!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 groundhog
- 1.5 pieces brown construction paper
- 1 piece white construction paper
- 1 piece black construction paper
- glue stick
- pencil or pen
- milk gallon lid (optional)
- soda bottle lid (optional)
- For the face, fold the brown piece of construction paper in half. Cut a heart out of it by starting at the bottom corner and cutting around.
- For the eyes, draw two circles on white paper, about the size of 50¢ pieces and two on black paper the size of quarters. You can also trace milk and soda lids to make well-rounded circles.
- For the ears, fold half a sheet of brown paper in half and cut out a heart. For the teeth, fold a fourth of a sheet of white paper in half and cut out a heart. Lastly cut out a small black oval for the nose. In the end, you should have 1 large brown heart, 1 medium brown heart, 1 small white heart, two white circles, two smaller black circles, and 1 black oval. You can trim around any of them if you need to later.
- Turn the big brown face heart upside down. Cut the medium brown heart in half and glue on the ears, like in the main photo. Glue the white circles on the face and the black circles on top to serve as pupils. Add the nose below. Finally, glue the small white heart on the bottom of the face for the teeth. Both the ears and teeth are to be glued partially behind the head/face. Your final product should look something like the main photo!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!