Help with Grieving?

I was a caregiver to my mother who passed back in May. She was in a nursing home and I used to visit twice a day. I am having trouble still trying to deal with the fact I could not see her without glass between us for 3 months before she passed because of the virus and also just the general missing her. I could really take from hearing from some people on how to go about feeling better. Thanks.

I just want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

Sending you my deepest sympathy for your loss. May your mom's memory always be a blessing.

If you are a religious person, I urge you to talk to your clergy and see if you can join a Zoom/Microsoft Office Teams or WhatApp grief share groups (there are some that are non-denomination also--in my town they are run by the bigger funeral homes). I have several friend who are getting great benefit from these groups.

If you are not of a mind to join a group person, private activities that friends and family have found beneficial are journaling, a daily private prayer time dedicated to your loved one, and art creation.

There is a gal I know, I think she is in CT or VT who runs a grief art program--and now it is all online. If that interests you, I will find her link.

There is (if you health insurance) private counseling you can attend. If you don't have health insurance, call your local United Way and see if they have programs that can help you with the costs/resources for individual therapy.

There are people who care! Praying for you to find a solution that helps lift you through your grief.

Post back with an update and let us know what is working!

It is really a tough year. I'm sorry to hear, my condolences to you and your family.

You can see if there are local support groups you could be apart of. I find that writing down what's on my mind, helps me grieve. There may be a hobby you can see if that helps, everyone grieves differently and I hope you find your method of grieving.

Take care, stay safe.

I'm very sorry for your loss, especially at a time when COVID-19 kept many from their loved ones. I lost my husband 17 years ago, and what helped me cope was that I wrote letters to him. Even though they could not be mailed... I still have them all of course, but it was a way of telling him how I was feeling, of events he was missing, how much I missed him, etc. At first, I would cry while writing down my thoughts, but it got easier to tell him things, such as when our son got married, and when our two grandchildren were each born, how everyone was doing, important world events, and even game scores of his favorite sports teams. It made me feel like we still had a connection of sorts. At first, I wrote letters to him almost every day, then it became once a week, then a couple times a month, and so on. As my grief lessened, I didn't feel the need to write so often, but I still write him letters and notes every couple of months. It may sound strange to some, but it helped me greatly. Give it a try, if you would like. Good luck, and I hope you find comfort of some sort to help you through.

Grieving takes time and everyone has a different experience. Do not feel guilty that you could not visit your mother the way you would have wanted to, even if she did not understand the circumstances.

You could Celebrate her life, do things that are related or in memory of her. You could keep a journal/ diary to write in daily. This helps with getting some feelings out. Also enjoy pretty days outside with walks with nature. Also may be a good time for a pet ,they help so much with grieving( if you do not have one).

If you have a Hobby, do more with that. Your Mother would want you to keep yourself healthy so that you can enjoy life and memories. Also check in your area for grieving families, often you can get in touch with groups of grieving families with doing meetings, chat, email, phone. You are not alone!

Better Living FamilyDecember 27, 2020
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Help-with-Grieving.html