SoupsRecipes

Herb and Yogurt Soup

This is my mother's recipe for a rather unusual but really, delicious soup. Everyone who has had the pleasure of eating it says its the most comforting, hearty, yummy soup they've ever had. I always request it when I've had a bad day... or a good day! We hope you try it!

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 8 servings

Link: My recipe for the best homemade chicken stock

*In this recipe, we used a quart of boxed broth along with 2 cups of homemade chicken stock. We prefer just using 6 cups of homemade stock and skipping the boxed stuff, but we ran out when making this batch.

1. Put everything (except for the yogurt and water) into a large pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
  2. After it comes to a boil, bring the temperature down to low. Remove the foam on top with a spoon and discard. Simmer about an hour or until the steel oatmeal is fully cooked and soft.
  3. Add the 2 cups of water to the yogurt and mix until very smooth.
  4. Pour this yogurt mixture into the soup and cover with a lid, leaving a little gap for steam to escape. Continue to simmer for another hour until it thickens.
  5. Serve with a dollop of yogurt in the center. Enjoy!
  6. Ad