Hollandaise Sauce Recipes

Category Sauces
This smooth creamy sauce is delicious served with fish, vegetables, eggs, and more. This page contains Hollandaise sauce recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Not made the traditional way but it's boo boo proof, quick, easy and it's good :-)

Directions:

Combine the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce in a blender and blend for about five seconds.

Place the butter in a small glass bowl or a measuring cup. Heat butter in the microwave until completely melted and hot. Set the blender on high speed and pour the butter into the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream. It should thicken almost immediately.

Keep the sauce warm until serving by placing the blender container in a pan of hot tap water.

Source: I think I originally found it at Allrecipes because they have an automatic calculator to reduce or increase based on how many servings and I remember wanting just 1 to 2 :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Ingredients

• 1/4 pound butter
  • 3 egg yolks
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • pinch of salt
  • dash of red pepper sauce
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, chives and dill

Directions

Place cold butter in small, heavy saucepan. Add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and red pepper sauce.

Stir CONSTANTLY over moderate heat until butter melts and sauce thickens. Add herbs. Serve over poached salmon slices. Makes 3/4 cup.

By Ardis Barnes

• 1/4 pound butter (one stick)
  • 3 egg yolks
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/4 tsp. mustard

Heat, serve over asparagus, eggs benedict, or cooked green veggies.

By Ardis Barnes

Sorry for bad picture. So I have tried to make hollandaise many times, but they always have that pale white colour. I want them to have yellow colour, but don't know how. Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

Answers

Can you share your recipe? When I was a home ec major in college a hundred years ago, we had to make this and it was all about the yokes and me, who abhors eggs and egg related items, got an A.

If it is not dark enough yellow, you could always add a drop of yellow food coloring.

It could be that the supermarket egg yolks are a paler yellow in color. I know that if I ever use farm fresh or backyard chicken eggs, the yolks are always a surprisingly vivid color.

The last time I made hollandaise sauce, I used a blender recipe similar to this link. It was so easy to make and quick too. I could make it at the last minute. I keep meaning to take pictures and post it on ThriftyFun. Maybe soon. :)

www.gimmesomeoven.com/.../

Good luck with your hollandaise and let us know how it works out.

Usually the brighter the egg yolks, the brighter the hollandaise. Here is a recipe for a brighter Hollandaise sauce! - www.smartkitchen.com/.../hollandaise-sauce

The recipe I use is the recipe we always see on internet. Egg yolk, lemon, whisk them then add melted butter, seasoned.

I make some research and look like the reason is the egg and how I whisk. Somebody at my kitchen said it's normal to have that colour. Thank you all.

When I make hollandaise sauce, why is it that the sauce's color doesn't become golden yellow, instead it becomes more like white yellow. Anyone know why and how to fix it? Thank you.

Answers

Make sure you separate the eggs

I did separate the eggs

What recipe are you using? Are you removing the egg whites from the yolks?

I do a blender hollendaise that is much easier than doing it on the stove. It comes out very yellow. It just has egg yolks, butter and lemon juice.

Here's a version online like I make but I always allow the yolks to get to room temperature before blending.

toriavey.com/.../

When I first started college many years ago I was a home ec major (that didn't last long). We had to make all of these high touch items egg items (which I don't eat--and just the sight of raw eggs made me queasy).

The "egg unit" consisted of making a hollandaise, a baked Alaska, and some kind of fancy quiche thingy. I remember it well because I had never heard of any of them (we ate very basic foods growing up + I did not eat eggs in anything but cookies or cakes--long story). I know I have not made any of them since that day!

Anyhow, I remember the teacher telling us that the color depended on the colors of the butter and the egg yokes. She was very much into the science and the aesthetics of cooking. She said some people liked their finished products (sauce and omelets) to be creamy whitish/yellow and some liked it to be deep buttery yellow. Baked Alaska were supposed to be a light golden brown. Not dark brown, not white, light golden brown.

You were supposed to add a shake of turmeric or saffron (super expensive stuff) if you wanted your hollandaise or omelet more yellow (meaning if the eggs and butter were giving you a lighter color product). If you liked it lighter, you left it alone. You could add hot pepper flakes if you were going for spicy or parsley flakes if you wanted it to have contrast. I got As on both (even though I refused to eat them.)

As for the baked Alaska, that was just a holy terror mess (burned to black crisp with oozing ice cream everywhere). I could not whip and bake a decent meringue to save my soul (I flunked that day)! UGH! At least I can still laugh about these three things all these years later!

Thank you to you all, thanks for you guy's help very much.

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesApril 4, 2013
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hollandaise-Sauce-Recipes.html