Home Remedy for Head Lice

I am looking for a home remedy for head lice.

Some people put mayonnaise on their hair. They saturate the scalp and put a shower cap on. They sleep with it and wash it out the next morning.

This website has a lot of good solutions.

My friend swears by the essential oils, however you have to be EXTREMELY careful with all of these, especially the oils, not to get it in your eyes. SAFETY FIRST!

There are companies that sell expensive essential oils, like at home parties, but many drug stores or grocery store pharmacies sell them also. Around me you have to get them from behind the counter, meaning ask the pharmacist to sell them to you. That is actually good as they can give you info on safety measures!

www.healthline.com/.../lice-home-remedies#2

Soak your hair and scalp with white vinegar, wrap for 60 minutes, rinse and blow dry

A friend of mine says that using Mayonnaise will kill lice. I personally have never had to use it, but as a non harmful thing to use, I sure would try it.