Home Remedy for Ingrown Toenail

I had an ingrown toe nail. Then went to my pcp she gave me antibiotics like cephalaxin for ten days. As it did not heal, she gave me augmentin. As I am pregnant and in my second trimester I don't want a nail surgery. Now the pain has gone, but there is swelling in the edge, and it pains if I touch the part. Kindly help.

By Sairam

I am assuming you can get to the toes so have someone help. You have to lift the nail up and stick in the end of a toothpick, qtip shaft, or even a piece of rice has worked. Lifting the nail from the skin gives the skin time to heal, and the nail can more easily be trimmed. In the future, keep the nail straight across and never pick them.

My grandson just had to have surgery on both big toenails, which included a very long needle right down the center of the top and one each on the knuckle.
Big strong strapping 22 year old and he cried like a baby and didn't care who heard.
This might sound graphic, but it's something a avoid in the future.

Try to find an ointment called "Unguetyn" at your pharmacy. It is something like an antiobiotic cream. It works everytime.

Cut a V in the middle of the toenail. Lift the outside corners and put a tiny bit of cotton under the nail on both sides.

By cutting the V in the nail it will grow inwardly instead of out at the corners. When the V has grown out enough trim your nail straight across, never rounded on the corners.