Remedy for Ingrown Toenails?

What do you do to get rid of an ingrown toenail? I don't want to go to the doctor as I know it will be expensive.

By Jeanette B.

If the pain isn't too sever yet, lift the edge of the toenail and insert something firm yet pliable. I have used a match book match, cut down after it's inserted. It's too hard to get under if you cut it down to 1/16" before hand. Once the nail is raised, use some Mercuroclear (Mercurochrome's replacement) to cleanse, and anesthetize the infected area. This always works for me. Also, don't cut the nail in a curve, always straight across. This helps a lot.

Good luck.

My girlfriend has ingrown toenails & she gets them taken care of by having a pedicure.

This is an addition to the good advice given by "Poor But Proud" (lifting the ingrown part) but instead of cutting straight, cut with a "V" shape in the middle. Nails have the tendency to grow towards the empty area. Thsi was advice from my doctor years ago and has worked well for me and friends.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 14, 2011
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf47688781.tip.html