Home Repair Assistance for Seniors in Georgia?

My mom lives alone and has a house in Georgia. The steps entering the house are falling apart. All of the plumbing is leaking and the AC/heater stopped working. The floors are falling in, the windows leak, and one of her toilets won't flush. Major home repairs are needed. Who can help her in our state?


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
November 17, 20191 found this helpful
Best Answer

There are lots of agencies that provide help with home repairs and most can be found if you Google: free home repairs low income senior and provide your zip code (Georgia is a big state and different services may not be in every county so add your zip code).
I would say to check local churches but the repairs are too extensive for a small place to be able to help.

I have a few listed below but someone will probably have to help her complete the many forms needed to see if she qualifies and if they have funds to help her.


Habitat does repairs but you'll have to check their site to see what can be done for your mother.

You can check some of these agencies but some (like HUD) may tell her she needs to move to one of their sites instead of doing massive repairs.

Reply Was this helpful? 1

Bronze Request Medal for All Time! 87 Requests
December 16, 20190 found this helpful

currently there are 3 men working on behalf baltimore county. i am working on this email in my bedroom not my normal room to work. 2 men are putting in a new front door and 1 is in my bedroom painting my deck door.


i have gotten several new things. i will be posting further information on this at a more convenient time. help is out there.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
November 18, 20190 found this helpful
Best Answer

There are a lot of home assistance programs for seniors online these days. In some cases if the home is as badly damaged as you say it is they might not repair this home and will tear it down. I would start off in your area and contact HUD. Then go to the US Government and start applying for some low interest or loans that don't need to be paid back. This will all take time and winter is coming. In some cases these people will take up to a year or longer to get you the help you need. I would try a local church or a community help center to see if people can help you out a lot faster.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
November 17, 20190 found this helpful

Contact the Council for the Aging, Habitat for Humanity, local churches and

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 22, 20190 found this helpful

This is the website that I use when I need any type assistance.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Home and Garden Repair HomeNovember 17, 2019
Pest Control
Father's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-05-09 21:55:13 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.