Homecoming Door Decoration Ideas

Category Homecoming
There are all kinds of ways to decorate your school for this fall celebration. This guide is about homecoming door decoration ideas.

We are decorating our doors for homecoming and we need ideas for a theme. We are the Indians and we are playing the Cougars.

Mortara from Dillsboro, IN

Answers

By Cheryl from Missouri (Guest Post)

You could use "Bag the Cougars" and use sacks or fabric bags stuffed with newspapers.

By LRP LOWELL, MASS. (Guest Post)

how about a cougar skinned on a rack for drying.

I am a room mother and as my first task I am to decorate my child's kindergarten class for our local high school homecoming. We are the Titans and are playing the Panthers. I am drawing a blank! It has to be done next week. Any ideas? Please help.

Answers

I would see if I could print TITANS, PANTHERS, FOOTBALL, KICK OFF, SCORE and/or whatever words you'd like...one letter per sheet of colored paper and hand them out to the students. THEY have to draw something that begins with whatever letter they received: in other words, perhaps a train for the letter T, etc. THEY have to think the word up for the letter.

THEY get to participate in creating the bulletin board and do something that is a learning experience...?
If there is not enough time for THEM to do it, I would do it myself.
Then they get posted on the board back into the original words you printed...TITANS, etc..
You might also ask questions on the board:
How many players on the Titans Team, then display a small graphic of 9 football players (they can count them for a math lesson)
How many players on the Panthers Team (another nine little players)
How many total players on BOTH teams (then either have them ADD the both teams up or you have the total there for them)
The children can have a little math lesson!
Since my knowledge of football is extremely limited, I can't think of any other ideas but mine would be more 'lesson based'..

:D

We are the cougars playing the panthers for homecoming. I need ideas for door decorations.

Michele from Goshen, Alabama