Homemade Baked Ziti with Veggies

0
Share
Pin
0
Save
Follow
Print

My recipe is made to feed 4 families that are not working. It is made with chopped, healthy vegetables in my homemade Italian sauce. I make my regular Italian sauce and add a finely minced, carrot, zucchini and summer squash. It comes out a bit sweeter, but much healthier!

1. Cook ground beef.
  2. Put on a pot of Italian sauce.* Also add the cooked ground beef, and let it simmer.
  3. Put on a large pot of water with salt and olive oil for paste, when it comes to a boil, add all 4 boxes of paste, cook only 1/2 way, drain, rinse under water. Pour into a very large pan or bowl.
  4. Now to make the cheese mixture. In a medium sized bowl. Add ricotta cheese, add beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, the few spices and mozzarella. Stir in very well!
  5. Add about 4-5 ladlefuls of sauce to the cheese mixture. Add more if needed. Stir again very well.
  6. Add the cheese mix to the cooked pasta. And mix very well and make sure all is coated.
  7. Then add a little at a time, the meat sauce until all is covered. Saving enough sauce for topping.
  8. I use aluminum pans (lasagna pans). Fill each pan (this makes 5 large pans). When each one is full? Pour about 3 ladlefuls of sauce over the top of each pan. Top each pan with a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese. I sprinkle the top with grated cheese also.
  9. Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes. Take out before the cheese turns brown. Enjoy!
  10. Put on a large pot of water with salt and olive oil, when boiled, add 4 boxes of Penne Pasta, cook al dente, drain, add a little pasta water & olive oil, transfer to a large pot or bowl.

Jackie's Sauce https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Italian-Tomato-Sauce.html

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasMay 15, 2020
🌻
👔
🐛
Generated 2021-05-11 09:22:28 in 768 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Baked-Ziti-with-Veggies.html