Homemade Cleaner for Dog's Ears

What's a good homemade ear drop? I'm tired of spending the money for my dog's ear drops. His name is Buddy and he is a Dachshund mix. His vet did give us ear drops, but we are almost out. His ears build up with wax and it stinks and it makes him stink.

what I would use is diluted vinegar or diluted hydrogen peroxide, which is what I have used on my ears. But here are other ideas from people who know: "Use cod liver oil or Vitamin E oil to get rid of inner and middle ear infection of the dog. Crush a Vitamin E capsule and use the oil as the ear drop. Alternatively, put 1-2 drops of cod liver oil in the affected ear. The antimicrobial properties of margosa are commonly used to cure dog's ear infection" homeremedyshop.com/13-home-remedies-for-dog-ear-infection/

zymox otic is perfect i have cocker with chronic ear infections
3 vets later and zymox was the answer....once a day for life unfortunately for my cocker.....but it is all natural and safe...no more itching ears and stinky ears....it is safe for long term....he had an awful inner ear infection...ear drum was in tack thank goodness or he would have had an ablation....good luck....you don't need to clean the ear at all zymox does it for doggy..

I have used vinegar in a dropper for myself. It would work on dogs, too.