Homemade Gift Boxes

During Christmas time, it is always difficult to find ways to stretch the budget. I enjoy handing out small presents. To me, this is a way of sharing the joy of Christmas and spreading some cheer all around. Just giving a handmade bar of soap doesn't sound like much, but if the soap is packed into a box with a nicely decorated lid, it will certainly add more meaning to the term "it is the thought that counts."

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Using the skeleton leaves, start making a "flower arrangement" on the lid of the box. Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares instead of glue.

2. Now add the white arum lilies, the small brown roses, and the small green-white flowers to the arrangement, again using 3D self-adhesive foam squares instead of glue.

3. Finish it off by adding a few seed beads to the arrangement. Use the quick-drying glue to fix them to the "arrangement." Remember to use only a small drop of glue for each seed bead. Use a pair of tweezers to make the task easier.

4. Add the butterfly as a finishing touch. Use the quick-drying glue.

5. Fill the box with cut strips of brown paper, and then add the handmade soap bar to the box.

By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng

17 More Solutions

I was wanting a small inexpensive thank you gift for the young girl who had helped me at physical therapy. So, I came up with this "hugs and kisses basket". I had the container left from buying my husband some nuts and bolts from Dollar Tree.

Gift box completed.

When you open up a gift, for any occasion, save the box. When you open up a box of food, save the box. You can cut them in half and these boxes can be turned into the most charming little gift boxes for children to give gifts in, or even adults!

Handmade Gift Box 1

I received a gift in this adorable box. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. And after looking at it closely, decided I could make one myself with supplies I already had on hand.

New box based on template.

I bought the boxes at the dollar store and thought to myself that even though they were pretty I thought they could use some sparkle. I had some leftover beads from making Christmas ornaments so I decided to sparkle up my boxes.

Jeweled Gift Boxes

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

For a quick and easy gift box for a small item, why not make your own. There are a number of templates on the internet that can give you an idea of dimensions, or you can take apart a box you have and figure it yourself.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Here's some instructions for making your own treasure box to give as a Valentine's Day gift or for other occasions.

I use the boxes that come from Cereal, Macaroni, Taco Shells or any box with a clean, interior to make wrapped gift boxes. Remove wax paper liner if there is one. Carefully undo the glued end flaps. Flatten box...

This is a page about making a recycled glamour gift box. Recycle a round cardboard box into a beautiful gift box to fill with small seasonal or special occasion gifts.

decorative gift box

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

A homemade gift box for your valentine can take many forms, but they will all express your love. This is a page about making a Valentine's Day gift box.

Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box

This is a page about making a melting snowman gift box. The whole family can have fun helping with this project making these cute boxes for Christmas gifts.

Melting Snowman Gift Box

Paper folding is a craft that can be tailored to all age groups. Boxes are a good place to start. This is a page about making folded paper gift boxes.

folded paper box

Starting with a heart shaped box and adding pretty decorations makes a nice container for a special gift. This is a page about sweetheart gift box.

Sweetheart Gift Box

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This sweet little gift box begins with a lowly empty packing tape roll. The instructions and supplies list can be found below.

Birthday Cake Gift Box - finished cake shaped gift box

Decoupage colorful clippings from a magazine or catalog onto a recycled ice cream box. Voilà you have created a unique gift box.

Recycled Ice Cream Box into Giftbox

This gardener's floral gift box begins with and unpainted clay pot. Follow the instructions in this project to make this gift box/planter. Add a few packages of seeds and it is ready to gift.

Gardener's Floral Gift Box - decorated pot with seed packets ready to gift

Load More
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 21, 2012
🎃
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Gift-Boxes.html