Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 162 Posts
April 24, 2013
One of my kids doesn't like cake (seriously!), so we made these ice cream sandwiches for my birthday this year. You can use any kind of ice cream you like. We did half vanilla ice cream and half mint cookie. The fudgy brownie was so yummy.
Total Time: 6 1/2 hours
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 qt ice cream (4 cups), softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil. Lightly grease the foil with 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Melt the 3/4 cups butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until butter is just melted. Remove pan from heat and add cocoa powder. Stir with whisk until mixture is smooth. Add sugar and continue to whisk until well blended. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until well blended. Add four and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (about 20 minutes). Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Using foil ends, lift brownie from pan and set on a cutting board. Cut in half lengthwise. Carefully loosen both halves from the foil. Spread the softened ice cream evenly over half the brownie layer to about 1 inch thick. Top with the other half of the brownie and press down gently. Wrap in foil and freeze for 6 hours, until firm.
- Peel away foil and cut into 8-10 sandwiches. Serve immediately. Wrap leftover sandwiches, if you have any, in plastic wrap and store in freezer up to 2 weeks.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.