This is a long standing family favorite of everyones! I call this our comfort food.
- My homemade sauce* or jar sauce- about 8 cups
- 1 - 1 1/12 lb very lean ground beef and/or sausage
- 1 box oven ready lasagna noodles (you will need 12 pieces)
- 32 ozs. Ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 8oz. bags mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano & Parmigiana cheese / plus 1/2 cup for ricotta mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 9 x 13 foil pan or a baking pan
- Large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat sauce in pan. Cook and saute' the ground beef and sausage. Drain and add to sauce. Let the sauce simmer.
- Using a large bowl, add the ricotta, eggs, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, 4 ozs. of mozzarella cheese (1/2 bag), all seasonings listed, and mix very well until everything is well blended.
- Now you are ready to put your lasagna together. Put 3 ladles of meat sauce in the pan.
- Lay out 3 pieces of lasagna noodles.
- Spoon half of your ricotta mixture onto the 3 noodles. Then evenly spread.
- Next step is a layer of 3 noodles, topped with 3 ladles of meat sauce. Then top the sauce with 4 ounces of mozzarella and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Repeat with the other half of the ricotta mix.
- Last will be 3 ladles of meat sauce, a full bag of mozzarella cheese, a very generous amount of grated cheese.
- Carefully make a tent cover over the pan, so the foil does not pull the cheese off and seal the edges tightly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, let sit for 1 hour before cutting. I cut my lasagna down the middle both ways, then 4 ways the short side and 6 the long way. You will get 24 good size pieces. Enjoy:)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.