Homemade mustard is tangier than mustard that you buy in the store.
Total Time: Stands at room temp for 3 hours
Yield: 2 cups
Source: My why buy it file
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/3 cup mustard seed ( I grind them just to make it easier)
- 3 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard seed, dry mustard, and cider vinegar. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for about 3 hours at room temp.
- In a small saucepan, combine the dark beer, garlic, brown sugar, salt, ginger, and allspice. Stir in the mustard mixture. Over med. heat, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let the mustard cool to room temperature.Then put into a air tight container (I use an empty mustard bottle) Just put it in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!