Homemade Rustic Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This page contains homemade rustic pumpkin pie recipe
. Making your holiday pie from scratch with your own pumpkin can be very satisfying.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Pumpkin pie is one of the few pies that I love! We got a huge pumpkin from our garden this year! So I thought it would be cool to take on the daunting challenge of making a pumpkin pie from scratch. The end result of homemade pie baking is the satisfaction of taking your masterpiece out of the oven, and then my favorite part of tasting and enjoying warm pie on a cold fall evening. Nothing says fall like pumpkin pie! : )
Total Time: 4 hours
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 9 inch pie crust (unbaked)
- To make your own pumpkin puree follow these steps: cut your pumpkin in half. Scrape out the seeds and membrane (you could save the seeds to roast, yum!)
- Preheat you're oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place both halves of pumpkin on separate cookie sheets. Fill your cookie sheets with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake pumpkin halves for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove from oven and let cool. Scrap pumpkin out of skin.
- Beat the pumpkin with an electric mixer. Presto, there's your pumpkin puree.
- Add to a bowl 1 3/4 cups of your puree. Next add all of your other ingredients. Be sure to beat the eggs before adding them.
- Add your pie filling to your pie crust (I made my own crust, but store bought will do just fine).
- Just pop the pie in the oven for 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 350 F and bake it for 50 minutes. Enjoy your warm homemade pumpkin pie!
November 17, 20150 found this helpful
That looks delicious! I like the idea of roasting your own pumpkin. Yum!
November 22, 20150 found this helpful
I was just thinking what I could do with this pumpkin I have. This recipe looks delicious, can't wait to try. Thank you for posting it :)
November 25, 20150 found this helpful
That looks delicious. I love that you roasted your own pumpkin. Way to go!