Homemade Syrup Recipes

Category Sauces
Delicious syrup can be made from a variety of fruits and sugars. This page contains homemade syrup recipes.

This is really easy and good, even the pickiest eaters will like.

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Mapleine

Directions:

Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add white sugar, brown sugar and mapeleine. Stir until all sugar is dissolved and remove from heat. Let cool. Pour in syrup bottle. Keep in fridge.

Servings: 1/2 quart
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: Magazine, can't remember which one.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

This is a delicious syrup that's easy to make. It's meant to be something rather decadent, but can also be a miracle worker that's handy to have around when someone's got a cold or flu. I love to use a teaspoon stirred into my hot teas, drizzled on my yogurt, or as a substitute for syrups on my pancakes and waffles.

Prep Time: 8 minutes

• 2 lemons, scrubbed and thinly sliced
  • honey

1. Poke the seeds out of the lemon slices.
  2. Stack lemon slices in a jar, then pour in enough honey to cover them. Keep in the fridge or in a cool, dark area for a week to 10 days.
  3. Spoon out a slice of lemon and drop into your hot tea.
  4. Advertisement

5. For toppings to yogurts and pancakes, I like to chop the whole lemon slices into little bits. You won't taste any bitterness. Just like candy without the added corn syrups/dextrose. Such a nice all-natural treat!

I learned this recipe many years ago from a good friend. Very nice syrup!

I would like a simple easy recipe for homemade pancake syrup that doesn't go quickly to sugar. Thanks folks.

By Pati Mishler

Answers

I make our own maple syrup with 1 cup water, two cups sugar and 2-3 tbs of 100% maple syrup. I don't know how long it would take to crystallize. One rule to avoid this is never mix batches of syrup. I made the mistake of adding a new batch to a small amount leftover from the last one and it crystallized.

I also like to make strawberry or blueberry syrup with 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 tbs cornstarch and a cup of berries.

I read somewhere to add a small amount (teaspoon) of vinegar to prevent crystallization.

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp. maple flavoring

Boil until temperature is 200°F on candy thermometer. Cool and store in airtight container.

I've found refrigerating helps keep it from crystallizing as quickly as when stored in a cabinet.

Make inexpensive maple flavored syrup at home with a few simple ingredients. This page contains maple flavored syrup recipes.

Bowl of syrup with a spoon.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

There are many sugar-free alternatives for those who are avoiding added sugars. This page contains sugar-free syrup recipes.

Sugar-Free syrup on pancakes

This page contains a Jell-O syrup recipe. Mix Jell-O, sugar, water, and corn starch to make a quick syrup for pancakes and more.

Stack of pancakes with strawberry syrup.

Ginger is a popular flavoring for sodas, teas and other drinks. It would also be great to use in recipes instead of powdered ginger. This page contains a recipe for ginger syrup.

Ginger Syrup in bottles with piece of ginger.

For a change of pace from maple or other flavored syrups try making this delicious vanilla version. This page contains a recipe for creamy vanilla pancake syrup.

Creamy Vanilla Pancake Syrup - homemade syrup on a plate of pancakes

Learn when and how to collect sap from maple trees, so you can make your own precious syrup. This is a page about making your own maple syrup.

Homemade Maple Syrup

Save on Pancake Syrup and Flavored Syrups

Bottled makes a great gift idea.

Maple Syrup

• 1 cups Boiling Water
  • 2 cups Sugar or Sweetener equal to 2 cups

• (Add 2 tsp. of "Thicken it" for a less running syrup)
  • 1 tsp. Maple flavor

To get Fancy...

Add one or a combination of the following and make it a real treat.

• 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 2 TBS. Butter Buds
  • 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 TBS. Amaretto
  • 2 TBS. Orange Liqueur
  • 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts

Also:

Combine 1/2 cup syrup with 1 to 2 cups butter to make thin flavored icings for pancakes, french toast, muffins, biscuits, or cakes.

By Debra

Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesOctober 16, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Syrup-Recipes.html