Jell-O Syrup Recipe

Category Condiments
Mix Jell-O, sugar, water, and corn starch to make a quick syrup for pancakes and more. This guide contains a Jell-O syrup recipe.

A little while ago I had made "strawberry syrup" made with white syrup and adding Kool-aid or jello to it. When I wanted to make it again I had misplaced the recipe. Does anyone have this? Thanks

Grammy24

Answers

Best Answer

Jell-o Pancake Syrup

(12 servings)

1 small box Jell-o or other flavored gelatin
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch

I should say first that this is a real working recipe. It might seem like a child's experiment, but I'm 52 years old and have used this for many years.

The directions are very simple:
Mix the gelatin, sugar, cornstarch and water together in a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.

Pour into pitcher and let cool until syrup thickens slightly.
Serve over pancakes or waffles while still warm.

You might consider cutting the ingredients in half if you're only serving a small group. This syrup doesn't store well -- it becomes to thick over time.

Enjoy as many flavors of pancake syrup as there are flavors of Jell-o with this easy recipe.

What did you use the Strawberry syrup for? In the stores here we buy chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup for adding to milk. Is that what you used it for?

By grammy24 (Guest Post)

I use mine for pancakes, french toast, etc. It's very good!

Hi Grammy24!! Just did a bit of surfing...could this be your recipe? www.cdkitchen.com/.../recipetemplate.php?mid=27060 I hope it helps.