Honey Baked Ham Recipes
Read More Comments
My family loves the official golden wrapped Honey Baked Ham that is very famous. Well, I just don't have a golden wrapped Honey Baked budget! This year, I scored a huge ham for under $5 and honey'd it up myself. Here is how to turn a store bought cooked ham into a Honey Baked Ham.
Total Time: 2 hours
- 8 lb pre-cooked ham, bone-in
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients aside from the ham and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut slices into the ham around the bone. Do not cut all the way to the bone so the ham doesn't lose its shape.
- Spoon the wet mixture into the crevices and around the ham.
- Press the remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar around the ham.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes per pound basting often with juices. Internal temperature will be 140 F when it's done.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found this online a few years ago and have yet to make it but am hoping someone else can use it in light of the upcoming holidays!Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.