House Training a 13 Month Old Dog

My red nose Pit Bull is 13 months old and was not trained properly. I have had him for about a month. I take him outside when he has just pottied inside to let him know this where we go. He cowers down and piddles on the floor again. I have not abused him by any means. I love my Pit Bull. I just need some advice to housebreak him. Please and thank you.

You need to have consistency, positive reinforcement and patience. You cannot leave the dog unattended until he is house trained. You must have a regular feeding schedule. Finally, you cannot punish a dog if he makes a mistake.

To add to Judy's response: Your dog does not understand why he is taken outside after he has already had an accident in the house. He may be interpreting this as some kind of punishment, which is not your intention. You need to watch for signs that he needs to go and take him out then. Also, along with a consistent feeding schedule, he needs to be taken out on a consistent and frequent schedule as well. Hope all this helps you out.

Have you had him checked by the vet to make sure he doesn't have a uti?

OK he is needing your insurance on u are lists owner if you work and dog is at home by its self and no one to pay attention to it during day he just needs way more love than the world and if he she feels like u pay closer attention to other things in this would he she is being let down and will not stop till it becomes our ¹6 month old gabby and not dog lol

hey i just wanted to add i am having a very hard time as well with this issue. i have 4 pit bulls all from ages 15 month to 5 yrs and they get out enough to pee they choose to mark and thats been tuff i can say one thing that consistancy plays a huge role and a schedule. i even stay home cause there like kids . can not be left unattended and although they do have there own sanctioned area of the house they still pee on my stuff.