House Training an 8 Month Old Pit Bull

I have an 8 month Gotti razor edge blue fawn Pit. She has been an outdoor dog and now I'm having to move into an apartment. I don't want to get rid of her, but don't know where to start potty training her so she can move with me and stay in our family. Any help?

By A.M from CALI

Your dog is already used to going potty outside. That will still be its preference. When you bring it inside just keep it on a leash with you the first few days and give it many opportunities to go outside to potty. Then lots of praise so it knows that's what you wish it to do. If you have to leave it alone you should have a crate for it to stay in. Dogs won't mess where they sleep. Good luck

Why do we leave the leash on during the potty training?

It's crazy how your thinking of not keeping your dog because it might difficult to teach it where to relieve itself, I feel for your pup.

Why the negativity this person has a serious problem, as an animal lover ,and an apartment dweller I can sympathize with him. Just offer some helpful advice,or else be silent.

I'm having the same problem I have an almost 5 month old blue nose pit and she is still not house trained I do believe in discipline but stopped cause that wasn't even helping nor working she stopped pooping in her crate the past 2 months with 2 accidents bit she still pees in her crate 3 to 4 times a day she doesn't smell for a place to go she just goes but when I take her out she smells around. I'm just frustrated and to the point of giving her away she also pees and lays in it or lays and pees if anyone could help I'd appreciate it don't wanna give her away

Anonymous

Please don't give up on your dog, go to training classes... how you would feel if someone gave up on you?

Pets Dogs House TrainingJune 28, 2013
🌻
🐛
📓
😎