House Training a 4 Year Old Pit Bull

My Pit Bull is 4 years old and is sometimes still going pee and poop in the house. If I don't lock her in the bedroom at night she goes potty in the living room. If we're out of the house for more than 10 hours she goes. I have an older Rot/Lab who can hold his bladder for 24 hrs if needed so I know she could hold it if she really needs to. We've tried three cages, but none of them have held up to her strength. She eventually finds a way to destroy them. Also she would immediately pee as soon as we took her out of it while still in the house.

Also she has behavioral problems around other people and dogs and whenever I think she's getting better she goes back to her old ways. Last night she broke out of our room and pulled our crock pot off the counter and shattered it. My boyfriend then locked her back in the room and she peed right there. She's never peed in our bedroom before. Half the time it feels like revenge, but I don't know. Please help with no accusatory comments. I'm trying to learn to be a better fur mom, but I'm having financial trouble this year so training would be very hard to afford.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Your dog needs better training. Petsmart and similar pet stores offer training classes at reasonable prices.

i would make sure she has no physical issues. just because your other dog is healthy doesn't mean she is.

There are a couple of things you need to understand before your dogs behavior makes sense to you. When you understand it, the solutions will be obvious. Because your older dog can hold his water for 24 hours does not mean other dogs can. Most adult dogs will become very uncomfortable after 8 hours without being able to relieve themselves. For some dogs it is less. For a very few it is more. To assume because one dog can do something, another can too is a mistake. Dogs do not take revenge. Revenge is a human behavior. When your caged dog pees immediately upon being let out of her cage, it is most likely that she needed to be let out of her cage to relieve herself earlier. I think if you will put her on a different schedule (outside every 6 to 8 hours)you will solve half your problems.