How Do I Adjust My Monitor's Screen Size?

When I log into my computer the screen is smaller than the display monitor. I have to manually use the extend arrow to fill the monitor.

By Dr Osakwe Osifo

Best Answer

If you just want the active window to stretch all the way across the screen, this is my quick fix: I press F11. Of course, that hides the menu controls, but that doesn't matter to me because I use keyboard controls rather than a mouse.
I know there's a way to "maximize" the active window, but I can't remember it. I searched through my menu options and couldn't figure out which option it was under. Sorry, I'm sure you can find it by pressing F1 to go to the help menu.

Best Answer

Lots of times the active window does not open up full size. That's so you can have multiple windows open to use information in each. Just double click the title bar and it will be full size.

Best Answer

Go to an empty spot on the desk top. Right mouse click. Go to properties. Click settings. You can adjust what you want right there. First time I learned this back when Win 95 came out, I blew everything large and could not find my return buttons.

The tech expert said to shut down the computer and it would restore itself. Only way to learn is to ask questions!

What operating system do you use? Windows 2000, XL, Vista, 7?