Forgive me for not having a photo, but the skillets are no longer here. Let me explain.
A couple nights ago, I heard my neighbors smoke alarm go off. It happens to both of us from time to time, so we decided that unless someone yelled for help, neither of us would be too concerned.
Well, it happened. I heard her yell my name and I went running. What she had done was a rookie mistake, but one I am sure most of us haven't thought of. So, here is how not to store your skillets.
She had made sausage that morning, and put her biggest skillet in the oven. During the day, she has made a grilled cheese sandwich and sat that skillet in the bigger one. Not thinking much about it, she took that one out to make a hamburger for dinner, and the bottom was coated in grease. It ignited almost immediately, thus the fire.
Cooler heads prevailed and we got it out before anyone was hurt, so it was a really good lesson learned.
For the novice cooks out there, let this be a really good lesson learned, too. Make sure you clean all the pots and pans that go inside something else. We often think that what is inside the pan is all that matters, but it's the outside that makes contact with the burner.
I hope this helps.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!