How to Make Plastic Cup Maracas for Children
Plastic cups can easily be taped or glued together with beans or beads inside to make fun maracas for kids to make rhythms with. This is a page about how to make plastic cup maracas for children.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cute little maracas are perfect for a daycare or just to make on a rainy day to have some fun with your little ones. They can also be used to help the elderly have a little fun during a music program.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 or reduce supplies as appropriate
- 6 small cups
- 40 dried beans
- sheet tissue paper of assorted colors torn into small pieces
- 6 pieces cardboard
- hot glue
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- craft knife (optional)
- 35 assorted beads (optional)
- stickers (optional)
- white glue
- 6 paintbrushes (optional)
- 6 ft curling ribbon (optional)
- Gather all your materials. Take the small cup and draw around the outer edges on to a piece of cardboard to form a circle the size of the cup. You can use any kind of cardboard that you have. Cut out the circle.
- Make a slit in the cardboard the size of the Popsicle stick. Add beans to the cup.
- Using hot glue gun glue around the edges of the cup rim. Put the circle over the top of the cup where the glue is and press into place. (Don't turn the cup over or your beans will be glued to the top and there will be no noise.)
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then put the Popsicle stick into the hole in the circle and glue if necessary.
- Begin adding white glue to the cup and putting torn tissue paper on the glued area. You can use a glue stick or white glue with a small paintbrush.
- Cover the entire cup with glue and tissue paper so you cannot see the color of the cup.
- Now you are ready to decorate your maracas. Using beads or stickers you can make it anyway you like it. Add ribbon for a little flair. Let the children enjoy the new musical instrument they have made.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.