How to Make Spiral Yarn Photo Frames

Category Crochet
Using a simple crochet stitch you can make these interesting photo frames for hanging on the wall. This is a guide about how to make spiral yarn photo frames.

I saw some frames made from rope, but I didn't have any. So I crocheted some instead.

Total Time: 1.5 Hours

Yield: 2

Source: Saw one on pinterest made with rope.

• 2 oz yarn of your choice ($.40)
  • 1 Each sizes J and N hook
  • 1 scissors
  • 1 hot glue gun
  • 1-4 photos
  • 1 each plastic lid and cardboard
  • 4 straight pins

1. For the first one, I chained about 2 yards and broke off. Then, I added a contrasting color and slip stitched on each chain.
  2. When you find the center of the plastic lid, hot glue the end and continue to wrap and glue till you are at the edges of the lid. I cut it because I found a magic marker spot and didn't want it to show. I showed you the two sides of the chain when it's worked like this so you can choose between one and the other. This chain was worked up by putting the slip stitch in just 1 of the 3 loops of the chain. The next sample is in 2 of the loops and you can see how different it is.
  3. When you have spiraled and glued the yarn cord to the lid, leave about 4" for the loop, and twist it and glue to the back. I pinned on this photo but the next will be glued on.
  4. The next one is a bit larger, made in the colors of my kitchen. I chose chunky yarn for the main color and the larger hook then bordered it with regular yarn. It's made by using 2 of the 3 loops on the chain. You can see the difference in the pattern and how it looks.
  5. The steps are the same. I traced a plate on a cardboard box and cut it out, finding the center. Then I started gluing. I hot glued the photo corners and hung mine in the kitchen. N-JOY!!