How to Make Tissue Paper Pom Poms

Category Decorations
Tissue paper pom poms are fun and easy to make. Their are ideal to use as decorations for a variety of events. This is a guide about how to make tissue paper pom poms.

Earlier this year for my engagement, I purchased tissue paper pom pom decorations from Dollar Tree for just $1 and you receive (2) in the package. It was a great deal especially for last minute shoppers. However, you do get what you pay for because the pom poms were not as lush as I wanted them to be.

For my niece's birthday in a couple of months, I decided to not procrastinate and prepare sooner. I will do some pom poms each night so I will have enough for her party. They are very easy and inexpensive to make! The best part is, the more sheets of tissue paper you use, the more lush and puffy your pom poms will be!

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to make 2 pom poms.

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 2 pom poms

• 7 sheets tissue paper
  • 1 scissors
  • ribbon

1. I used 6 pieces of pink tissue paper. Unravel tissue paper, lay flat and cut in half. You will be able to make (2) - 10" pom pom decorations.
  2. Repeat 1.5" accordion folds back and forth until you are out of tissue paper.
  3. Using very thin spool ribbon, tie a knot in the center of the tissue paper.
  4. Using your scissors cut the edge by rounding it.
  5. Ready to fluff out the pom pom. Fluff and adjust until you like the way the pom pom looks! To hang your pom pom, you can use thin thread.

Paper is not just for writing. There are many different types depending on how they are going to be used. This time I'm going to make a simple pom-pom decoration using a different type of paper.