How to Make Zip Tie Fireworks Decorations
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 25, 2018
These are cheap and cheerful decorative pieces just in time for 4th of July. I used a colourful assortment pack of zip ties I got at the Dollar store, along with some pipe cleaners, to make these fun dimensional bursts of colour. This is an excellent all-ages craft!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pipe cleaner (at least 12")
- coloured zip ties
- Cut the pipe cleaner into smaller segments.
- Curve one segment of pipe cleaner into a circle.
- Secure ends closed by twisting and tucking. Continue with the others.
- Tie some zip ties on around the circle, making sure the smooth surface side faces outwards.
- Continue with more colours, alternating them if desired.
- Make it all the way around the pipe cleaner with little space between the zip ties.
- Slightly bend the zip ties in the middle sections to create a bursting effect. Hang up with string, or place around a table of refreshments for your Independence Day party!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.