How to Make a Confetti Birthday Number Cake Topper
Hot glue numbers are covered with tissue paper confetti to make this fun cake topper. The easy to follow tutorial follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute handmade touch to add to a cake, cupcake, donut, or even a bagel or burger as a topper.
Also, you won't need as many candles or none at all (depending on where the event is held).
The same concept can be applied for anniversaries or graduations, not just birthday ages.
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
- parchment paper
- hot glue gun
- Optional Microsoft Word
- Optional printer
- toothpick or skewers
- tissue paper
- Using Microsoft Word, you can create a text box with the number you would like and print it out. Or, you can free hand your number.
- Place parchment paper, (or I think glass would work best) over your number. Trace with hot glue. Allow to dry for 5 minutes.
- Once dried, peel off of the parchment paper. Some residue of parchment paper will be stuck (remove as most as you can), but that is completely fine since the back will not show. Go over with scissors and trim the number to look nicer.
- If you have a toothpick you can skip this step. But I did not, so I cut skewers into 2" pieces with scissors.
- Flip the number over and apply a strip of hot glue on the base of the number and center the skewer stick. Apply hot glue over to secure the skewer in place.
- With tissue paper, cut thin strips into cubed confetti. Place all of your confetti bits in a paper bowl.
- Using hot glue trace over the front of the number (you don't need a lot) then dip into the confetti to coat the number.
CommentsRead More Comments