How to Make a Junk Journal Out of Envelopes
Junk journals are a combination of journaling and mixed media. This craft has been around for some time allowing each person to create a truly unique personal memento. Altered books are similar projects. Learn how to make a junk journal out of envelopes
January 23, 2018
Junk journals are great to make and to give as gifts. There are videos on the internet that show how to put together a junk journal. I fell in love with them on first sight. This craft is the beginning of a junk journal which is made out of envelopes.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 envelopes envelopes (I used notecard size envelopes).
- lots of colored paper scraps or squares in various sizes
- bottle Elmers glue or Tacky glue
- yarn stash
- any other pretty paper or ribbons
- Open all envelope flaps.
- Place glue on gummy side of envelope flap.
- Place flap in other envelope and press to ensure that glue adheres to paper.
- Repeat with rest of envelopes.
- Glue colorful paper on first envelope for a cover.
- Glue pictures onto whatever pages you like.
- Place pieces of colored paper into the envelopes so you can write on them.
- Make pockets out of colorful paper to hide journaling notes in and put favorite quotes, pieces of cards, and notes in them. This is done by gluing just three sides onto a page and leaving the top side open.
- Tie yarn around journal in a pretty bow.
- Enjoy filling in your junk journal and when it gets full of beautiful things then cherish it and make another :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.