How to Make a Mini Flower Crop Top from Leggings
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 6, 2017
Here is a way to turn an old pair of leggings into a cute little long-sleeved crop top with a mini flower corsage. All you need is a handful of items and 20 minutes of your time. :)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 crop top
Link: Hand Stitching Guide
- 1 pair of leggings
- a few beads (optional)
- Fold the leggings in half and lay them on the floor or on a work surface.
- Cut out the crotch of the leggings to create the collar of your top. You can try it on to see if you want more of a plunge line. If so, cut a bit more out. Keep in mind that a little cut goes a long way!
- The scraps from that cut will be used to make your flower corsage.
- Thread a needle and knot one end. Take the largest oval piece of the cuttings and fold it once, then once again. Start sewing the very middle, making ripple folds to create flower pedals.
- Take the remaining scraps and shape them into more pedals and leaves. Stitch on main flower. When you're happy with your flower, secure the stitch to prevent your work from coming undone.
- Thread the needle again and secure with a knot. Slip on a bead and start sewing it to the middle of the flower. Continue with the other beads.
- Sew the flower onto the crop to the middle of the front of crop top. This helps hide any seams you might have showing on the leggings.
- Little adjustments are very easy to make as this is a very forgiving project. Have fun!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.